2017 Carolina Challenge Finals application will be live by the end of this month. Check back soon!
THANK YOU for participating in the Carolina Challenge Pitch Party, Blue Zone Kenan Stadium, Mon Nov 14th 530pm-8pm! Application has expired here.
Congratulations to our Top Teams! Ads Against Hillary – AudioAnything – Compare Carolina – ConnectBook – Cousin Wins – GymNOW Fitness – In-Form Athletics – Monikos – Quell – So Good Pupusas
Other cool UNC innovation and startup events links:
Global Student Entrepreneurs – EO Raleigh Chapter Competition – Deadline Tues, Dec 27, 2016 http://www.gsea.org/apply
Rice Business Plan Competition – $1.5Million in prizes – Deadline Fri, Feb 10, 2017 http://www.ricebusinessplancompetition.com/
TCU Values and Ventures Competition – $25,000 grand prize – Deadline: March 3, 2017 http://www.neeley.tcu.edu/vandv/
Other non-UNC innovation competitions to check out:
- Baylor New Venture Competition – Deadline Nov 6th 2016! http://www.baylor.edu/business/newventurecompetition/
- $1.5 million Rice Business Plan Competition deadline Feb 19th! http://www.ricebusinessplancompetition.com/;
- Vodafone Americas Foundation, deadline February 22, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. Award Amount: 1st place $300,000; 2nd place $200,000; 3rd place $100,000: http://vodafone-us.com/wireless-innovation-project/about-wip/;
- Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank Cupid’s Cup: www.cupidscup.com – deadline Jan 5, 2016;
- 2016 Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition: If you or someone you know has innovative ideas about how to improve teaching and learning, please apply to the nation’s leading business plan competition for a chance to win over $125,000 in cash prizes. Applications will be accepted on our Competition website through Tuesday, February 23, 2016: http://www.educationcompetition.org;
- 15th annual Charlotte Venture Challenge deadline March 3: http://www.charlotteventurechallenge.com – Last year’s Student Ventures Winner from UNC!! CommuniGift (UNC Chapel Hill) raised a seed round from Charlotte angel investors and founder Thomas Doochin had this to say… “CVC was a rare opportunity to pitch alongside many seasoned entrepreneurs… It was fantastic to immerse ourselves in a community outside of our network at UNC Chapel Hill.”