2017 Carolina Challenge Finals application is live! 1 MORE DAY TO APPLY!! Deadline is 11:59pm Fri March 10th. Apply here!
We’re finalizing the details (and some big changes) – you’ll be notified by Friday, March 31st.
THANK YOU for participating in the Carolina Challenge Pitch Party, Blue Zone Kenan Stadium, Mon Nov 14th 530pm-8pm! Application has expired here.
Congratulations to our Top Teams! Ads Against Hillary – AudioAnything – Compare Carolina – ConnectBook – Cousin Wins – GymNOW Fitness – In-Form Athletics – Monikos – Quell – So Good Pupusas
Other cool UNC innovation and startup events links:
TCU Values and Ventures Competition – $25,000 grand prize – Deadline: March 3, 2017 http://www.neeley.tcu.edu/vandv/
3 Applications below – ALL have the deadline March 13th 5pm:
Other non-UNC innovation competitions to check out:
- Baylor New Venture Competition – Deadline Nov 6th 2016! http://www.baylor.edu/business/newventurecompetition/
- $1.5 million Rice Business Plan Competition deadline Feb 19th! http://www.ricebusinessplancompetition.com/;
- Vodafone Americas Foundation, deadline February 22, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. Award Amount: 1st place $300,000; 2nd place $200,000; 3rd place $100,000: http://vodafone-us.com/wireless-innovation-project/about-wip/;
- Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank Cupid’s Cup: www.cupidscup.com – deadline Jan 5, 2016;
- 2016 Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition: If you or someone you know has innovative ideas about how to improve teaching and learning, please apply to the nation’s leading business plan competition for a chance to win over $125,000 in cash prizes. Applications will be accepted on our Competition website through Tuesday, February 23, 2016: http://www.educationcompetition.org;
- 15th annual Charlotte Venture Challenge deadline March 3: http://www.charlotteventurechallenge.com – Last year’s Student Ventures Winner from UNC!! CommuniGift (UNC Chapel Hill) raised a seed round from Charlotte angel investors and founder Thomas Doochin had this to say… “CVC was a rare opportunity to pitch alongside many seasoned entrepreneurs… It was fantastic to immerse ourselves in a community outside of our network at UNC Chapel Hill.”