2017 Carolina Challenge Finals application is live! 1 MORE DAY TO APPLY!! Deadline is 11:59pm Fri March 10th. Apply here!
We’ll be hosting an Elevator Pitch round right after the UNC Spring Break. Details will be posted here soon! The Elevator Pitch round will be a simple under 2 minute pitch (timed) of your venture followed by Q&A with our judges. Slides and handouts are optional.
THANK YOU for participating in the Carolina Challenge Pitch Party, Blue Zone Kenan Stadium, Mon Nov 14th 530pm-8pm! Application has expired here.
Congratulations to our Top Teams! Ads Against Hillary – AudioAnything – Compare Carolina – ConnectBook – Cousin Wins – GymNOW Fitness – In-Form Athletics – Monikos – Quell – So Good Pupusas
Other cool UNC innovation and startup events links:
TCU Values and Ventures Competition – $25,000 grand prize – Deadline: March 3, 2017 http://www.neeley.tcu.edu/vandv/
3 Applications below – ALL have the deadline March 13th 5pm:
Other non-UNC innovation competitions to check out:
- Baylor New Venture Competition – Deadline Nov 6th 2016! http://www.baylor.edu/business/newventurecompetition/
- $1.5 million Rice Business Plan Competition deadline Feb 19th! http://www.ricebusinessplancompetition.com/;
- Vodafone Americas Foundation, deadline February 22, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. Award Amount: 1st place $300,000; 2nd place $200,000; 3rd place $100,000: http://vodafone-us.com/wireless-innovation-project/about-wip/;
- Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank Cupid’s Cup: www.cupidscup.com – deadline Jan 5, 2016;
- 2016 Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition: If you or someone you know has innovative ideas about how to improve teaching and learning, please apply to the nation’s leading business plan competition for a chance to win over $125,000 in cash prizes. Applications will be accepted on our Competition website through Tuesday, February 23, 2016: http://www.educationcompetition.org;
- 15th annual Charlotte Venture Challenge deadline March 3: http://www.charlotteventurechallenge.com – Last year’s Student Ventures Winner from UNC!! CommuniGift (UNC Chapel Hill) raised a seed round from Charlotte angel investors and founder Thomas Doochin had this to say… “CVC was a rare opportunity to pitch alongside many seasoned entrepreneurs… It was fantastic to immerse ourselves in a community outside of our network at UNC Chapel Hill.”